Kayaking is one of the most enjoyable outdoor activities for you and your entire family. For people who are not informed of what a kayak is, a kayak could be defined as a vessel that is used for outdoor water activities. A kayak could be utilized for the purpose of fishing, leisure rides on the river or the sea; casual fun rides with your family and friends, etc. kayak fishing also has some health and medical benefits. Many people nowadays go for kayak fishing to do some exercise. Kayaking regularly increases heart health and also helps to improve the overall condition of the health.
Among all the variants of the kayak, an inflatable kayak is mostly used nowadays for its eco-friendly and user-friendly nature. An inflatable fishing kayak is very affordable and it comes with many different features to help you with your particular operation. Unlike wooden or metal fishing kayaks, these inflatable kayaks are very easy to store, carry and operate. It is always tricky to find the best inflatable fishing kayak. It may also become an overwhelming task for you due to the extensive number of options and thus this article is aimed to help you with this task. Below we have listed the reviews of some top inflatable kayaks.
Reviews of 5 best Inflatable fishing kayaks for under 500
1/ Intex Mariner 4, 4 Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump
It is a medium priced kayak which is capable of carrying four people. This inflatable kayak comes with very durable and sturdy material, and the molecular structure of this kayak’s plastic makes it strong and capable of withstanding any collision. This kayak is very resistant to sunlight and is extremely durable. The inflatable keel of this kayak improves the control and stability. 4 air chamber of this kayak makes it easier to inflate the kayak quickly. This kayak is ideal for lake and relaxed and an easy river.
2/ AIRHEAD AHIBF-06 Angler Bay 6 Person Inflatable Boat
With its inflatable floor and the movable seats, this inflatable kayak is a very robust member of this segment. This kayak can accommodate 6 people at a time and according to its capacity this kayak prices very low. The electronically welded seams and the vinyl material makes this kayak very durable and resistant to many hazards. This kayak is extremely leak proof, and it comes with two rod holders and multiple drink cup holders. This kayak is equipped with separate battery storage and 4 drain plugs. Additionally, this kayak with 1 year of manufacturer warranty. All these features make this kayak one of the best fishing kayak for the money.
3/ Intex Challenger K2 Kayak, 2-Person Inflatable Kayak Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump
Intel challenger K2 is an inflatable kayak which is designed to carry 1 to 2 person at the same time for rafting. This kayak is made of super tough vinyl which makes this kayak extremely puncture and UV ray resistant. The graphics and the colour of the kayak make it highly visible in the water and from a very long distance. The lightweight structure of this kayak makes it very user-friendly, and it is very easy to carry and requires minimum or no extra maintenance. It is an excellent choice for regular kayakers and for them who go for kayaking in a busy lake or at the evening time as this kayak has extraordinary visibility.
It is a very low priced kayak which can carry four people at a time. This kayak is specially designed for the recreational purpose and short fishing trips on ponds and lakes. 30 gauge PVC vinyl construction gives this boat an additional strength, and this kayak is extremely capable of resisting any impact. This inflatable kayak comes with inflation pump and it requires very less time to get in shape. This kayak weighs very less and thus is very comfortable in carrying and storage. Added features like gear pouch, bow grab handles and oar holders make this product a splendid choice for the regular kayakers.
5/ Intex Excursion 4, 4-Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump (Latest Model)
Similar to Intex Seahawk 4, the Intex Excursion 4 is also a kayak to carry 4 people and also come with the durable vinyl construction. This kayak is entirely inflatable and weighs very less and due to its lightweight construction, this kayak is can be carried and stored very easily. This kayak is also low-priced and promises to be one of the best 4 person kayak. It comes with 2-rod holders, oar holders, motor mounting space, and gear pouch. This kayak is also having an I-beam inflatable floor for better comfort and durability. The dedicated motor helps the kayak to inflate and deflate in no time.
Benefit of Customer when they use fishing kayak
Not only for the recreational purpose or the adventurous tour, but also the kayak is very useful for fishing as well. We have already seen a list of top 5 best fishing kayak, and all of them are best in their way. To decide the best one out of them was a little tricky, but according to the features and price range, we think that all of these kayaks are the best deal for any fishing lovers. These kayaks have some extraordinary features and are beneficial for the customers. Some of the benefits are listed below:
- First and foremost the thing is that these kayaks are priced very less for these multiple person inflatable boat!
- The electronically welded seams and the vinyl material and rigid construction make this kayak very durable. So, you can rely on the quality of these kayaks.
- These kayaks are resistant to many hazards and extremely leak proofs.
- These kayaks need very less maintenance and don’t require any extra care. So, it saves your time.
- Another important feature of the fishing kayaks is their portability. The kayaks could easily be transported to and from the water. Therefore, the issues of carrying fishing kayaks from one place to another remain solved.
How to pick the best inflatable fishing kayak
Choosing the best inflatable fishing kayak is a tricky job, and thus, we have listed some essential facts which should be taken care of while buying a fishing kayak:
- Before you buy a fishing kayak, you should have a firm idea of where and how you are going to fishing.
- Choose a colour wisely as the colour of the kayak has a big role to play in the safety of the kayak and the kayakers. Always opt for a kayak which is visible from a very long distance.
- Choose a fishing kayak that best fits your needs. If you have a large family, or you want to go for fishing with some friends, then you should always opt for a higher seating capacity fishing kayak.
- According to your need, choose the best-designed fishing kayak. You can choose the kayak depending upon the parameters like length, width, speed and stability.
- It is a good idea to discuss with experts before you but the fishing kayak.
- Last but not the least, think about the budget and choose the best one that suits your budget and needs.
Tips for using fishing kayak
It may seem to be an easy task, but trust me, kayak fishing needs some practice and preparations to have the best result. Below we have listed some of the best tips for using the fishing kayak:
- Always have the proper gear and equipment ready while you hit the water on your kayak. Have an appropriate swimming costume on which may require on any part of the kayak fishing.
- Check your kayak thoroughly for any damage or leakage. Make sure that your kayak is safe from every angle possible.
- You should consider keeping your head upright all the time, and your eyes should be centred in response to the kayak. This will make sure that you are comfortable inside the kayak.
- You should always try and consider giving yourself enough room so that fishing becomes easy and comfortable for you.
- Always consult with an expert before your first kayak fishing operation for further valuable tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
1/ Do I need huge knowledge before going kayak fishing?
- No. But it is a good idea to have knowledge of the safety features to overcome any hazards during any unpleasant circumstances. Ask the experts for some tips.
2/ Can I go alone and is it safe?
- Yes, it is safe to go alone for kayak fishing. However, kayaking with a friend is not a bad idea. If you have a kayak which can carry multiple people, then invite a friend or family member to accompany you for this adventures trip.
3/ What are the best fishing kayaks?
- In this article, we have mentioned some best inflatable fishing kayaks. But, of course, you can find many other kayaks which will suit your needs and budgets. Read our other blogs to get to know about some other best kayaks available on the market.
4/ Can we take these kayaks in sea water?
- It is recommended to read the manual before you take it to any sea water. Inflatable kayaks are best in lakes and ponds without much tide. There are other kayaks called inflatable ocean kayaks, can be used for kayaking in the sea.
Well, now we have a good amount of knowledge and idea about kayak fishing and we have also gone through some of the best inflatable fishing kayaks and have studied the features and benefits of these kayaks. All the kayaks mentioned in this article are useful, and they are made by using some best innovation and technologies. Always do a detailed research before you buy a kayak for you and ask for expert advice for further useful and relevant information. A proper and safe fishing kayak is always needed to enjoy and experience the best time during kayak fishing.